Kick off your shoes and come out....

Santa Barbara is a treasure trove of places to remove your shoes, stretch out your toes and engage your primal technology. The purpose of this site is to document my newfound pursuit of the barefoot athletic experience and engage others to share and or try the same

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tangerine Falls from Cold Springs


O.k. this was my first adventure of barefoot hiking. It was an splendid overcast Father's Day and a lot of people were enjoying the trail. The trail was soft and wet, and pretty slippery in shoes. I managed the hike the up and back in bare feet. There were moments of being uncomfortable but the liberation and contact, not to mention a refreshing soak in every stream crossing was worth it. The loose rock portion of the trail was, well, like acupressure a little painful (but free). I had a pair of flip flops in my back pocket but I never need them. In fact the only reason I tried the barefoot experience was because I forgot my sneakers and I didn't want to wear my dress shoes from church. So it begins...

Distance: about 2.5 miles + some elevation gain

No comments:

Post a Comment