Kick off your shoes and come out....

Santa Barbara is a treasure trove of places to remove your shoes, stretch out your toes and engage your primal technology. The purpose of this site is to document my newfound pursuit of the barefoot athletic experience and engage others to share and or try the same

Monday, June 20, 2011

Skaters Point to Butterfly Beach

First official barefoot run for me ever. Most of it is on sand but running through the grass on Cabrillo Blvd then hitting the beach is priceless. It's not an accident the tourist coming to Santa Barbara and locals alike flock to this stretch. The summer suns join palm tress and bluffs spraying beams of light revealed by the salty mist float across the light blue sky. The ocean splashes up over your feet or the soft sand spreads out your toes. At about mile three I got so relaxed I could just close my eyes and feel like I was having a dream during a nice nap. When I hit the concrete again I did get some pangs of pain in my feet but as soon as I adjusted my stride the problem was solved.

Distance: A little over 4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment