Kick off your shoes and come out....

Santa Barbara is a treasure trove of places to remove your shoes, stretch out your toes and engage your primal technology. The purpose of this site is to document my newfound pursuit of the barefoot athletic experience and engage others to share and or try the same

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Downtown to Old Mission barefoot loop


The shortest but most challenging barefoot run so far. It's only 2.5 miles but almost entirely concrete and asphalt a pretty solid uphill jog to the Riviera then steep downhill back. Maybe I started too late and the weather was uninspiring or I ran a flat grass pace up a concrete incline or I just didn't eat enough today but these were the most uncomfortable few miles yet. Maybe the shortness of the trip or changing pace of uphills and rough road never gave me a chance to get in the groove. Thank goodness for the nicely manicured lawns and grassy parkways along the way to give my tender little baby feet a soft cool moving pit stop along the way.

distance: 2.5 miles, uphill and downhill.
speed: about 10 minutes a mile

No comments:

Post a Comment