Kick off your shoes and come out....

Santa Barbara is a treasure trove of places to remove your shoes, stretch out your toes and engage your primal technology. The purpose of this site is to document my newfound pursuit of the barefoot athletic experience and engage others to share and or try the same

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Harbor to La Mesa Park

It was gorgeous sunny afternoon the city of Santa Barbara. As I embarked on my third barefoot run in Santa Barbara a cool breeze stirred up the pungent sweet salty seaweed air and dragged a massive fog bank up over the Mesa behind it. The cool air was relaxing and gave life to the chorus of halyards performing their chattering melodies on the aluminum mast of the catamarans sleeping on the beach below. This run seems an even mix of sand, grass then concrete. I must of passed a dozen runners going the opposite direction and maybe they were running faster or further than me but they all looked driven and possibly pained by the experience. It may not be my bare feet that are make me feel so chipper when running but maybe the distraction of slightly different sensation each foot placement takes my mind off the monotony of pounding down the pavement. And once you get into a rhythm you can really just relax and look around.

Distance: 3.75 miles (round trip)

No comments:

Post a Comment