Kick off your shoes and come out....

Santa Barbara is a treasure trove of places to remove your shoes, stretch out your toes and engage your primal technology. The purpose of this site is to document my newfound pursuit of the barefoot athletic experience and engage others to share and or try the same

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy people flood gorgeous beaches

Fourth of July weekend and the beach is going crazy. People are having fun and spending time with friends, families and neighbors. Truly a beautiful day. On my barefoot run down the beach across channel islands Harbor I saw adults and kids alike buried up to their necks in sand, skim boarding, playing in the surf and relaxing under umbrellas. I spent most of the run in the soft sand but after a few miles the skin in the small of my toes was 'sandblasted' off, blistered and throughly painful. It must be the coarse sand squeezing between my toes. They say that sand diminishes your productivity by as much as 60 percent. So if I ran about five miles I guess that means I ran more like 11? I felt great and could have kept going but the skin of my toes was telling me to pull back into the beach party for a cold one. Gotta love the summer in California.

2 comments:

  1. Great imagery! I like your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! DING DING DING. You are the FIRST person to read my blog... do do doo doo. Well folks tell her what she's won..... A big hug!*


    *only redeemable at select locations while supplies last.

    ReplyDelete