Kick off your shoes and come out....

Santa Barbara is a treasure trove of places to remove your shoes, stretch out your toes and engage your primal technology. The purpose of this site is to document my newfound pursuit of the barefoot athletic experience and engage others to share and or try the same

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Duct Tape Running Sandals

"What the hell are those" somebody said as I ran by. "Those are awesome!" their friend said. They may be awesome, they may be trash, they're actually kinda both.
The busted blisters in between my toes from the long sand run this weekend were healing slow but I needed to get out for a cruise. Grinding dirt and road crime into my wounds seemed like a bad idea so I opted for a little protection. I didn't feel like putting on the old Nikes but I didn't have an alternative. So I had to make one. I found invisibleshoe.com had good instructions on making huaraches. I didn't have the materials that would make the classic huaraches but what I did have was a junk drawer.
A little cardboard, some nylon twine and old roll of silver duct tape was all it took to fashion these bad boys. The trash sandals worked surprisingly well and the same run that killed my feet last week was a breeze today. They are a temporary solution but if I need to 'resole' them a little more duct tape should do the trick.

1 comment: